Sunday, July 27, 2008

Zoom - A short story!

I zoomed into her eyes !

An amazing blue wave encapsulating the glowing bright fire flashed into my face, making it all wet. Never before in my life had I shivered in such warmth, never before had I run in my own empty wilderness kicking up every grain of sand under my bare feet. I ran fast, as fast as I could through those cold, parched woods chasing the bright glowing fire before the wave could extinguish its heat. Inside my ribs my heart was contracting, asking me to wait, to admire the beauty of the wave as it rose high against the fire and sparkling crystal droplets separated from its circumference. My tired feet voiced for my heart but I insisted otherwise. Gathering my last wits I spread out my hands to save the light. The ice on my fingernails started melting and as I moved closer there was a click and a lightning flash.

"Fine this time?", she interrogated "Or did I close my eyes yet again."

"As a matter of fact", said I "You did!"

"Holy Crap! Ok, one more‐just one more, please", She was almost on her knees.

"Hey look! If I keep on taking your photographs all day I..I may"

"I may what?"

"I may fall in love with you Damnit!" I knew I had said something wrong.
She paused for a moment to look at my face and then said "But we are already married, honey."

I shivered. The ice was still warm.

4 comments:

$udhi said...

I liked it
nice short story
a bit short but great one indeed!

~$udhi :)

Kankani Vishal G said...

1st paragraph is very well written.. :)
gr8 description!

Unknown said...

nice blog rocky.. loved ur style! u can surely imagine things!
u might want to see my blog as well :D

boozardengineer.blogspot.com

Miles to go before something dawns said...

u r in love rocky with ur cam nd pic taking enthu