Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Fate of a MONSTER !

In all the monster stories that i read, heard, saw,made or thought of, the end was virtually the same. The monster finds defeat in the hands of the hero, who then rides on happily with the treasure, the woman(or perhaps whatever he likes more) and a story of another victory over a monster ! The point is-the monster gets defeated in due time, and every time !

Back in the "real" world where I am living right now I have tried everything to eat up this monster of infinite proportions. With his belly full of assignments, his quizzing eyes, miles of journals wrapped around his feet, he shrieks in loud vivas and carries a weird xx shaped weapon. Every time I go anywhere near to cracking him down, he laughs and reminds me of his midsem brother and an endsem father who are still not back from the toilet. I tried everything (even politics) to tame him but he is just invincible and I, puzzled, keep looking at him trying to pretend to struggle...

Well, sometimes I think, if the monster stories are true, then the hero, me of course, must defeat him everytime and in due time, but the fact that the opposite happens, makes me wonder......afterall, who of us is the monster in this story?

2 comments:

Kankani Vishal G said...

hmm...well u'll emerge as hero mah frnd!! won't u?? :P...

Anonymous said...

Did you watch Beowulf before writing this ?