Friday, February 8, 2008

The Frozen Dream

It has been cold. The nights this winter week have been peculiar. They have been strangely quiet, silent perhaps parched. All day long ice cold winds race towards the night, freezing everything in the way to death. Those who manage to survive, holding on somehow to a frosty thin edge can feel their body turning into ice from the inside....all they can do....is wait.......

It has affected all, frozen every desire, every expectation that anyone ever had. Achyoot`s unrest threw his paranoia to new heights; Satyam`s most avid passion this season- Shantaram, ended in a disappointment enough to discard itself;and me...well i nodded my head in refusal to something/someone I had always wanted ....the reason? Everything looks so cold.....so still. So much so that everything we always wanted- in Achyoot`s case the process....for Satyam the end....and for me the beginning, was right in front of us....but our hands were too cold to reach over and embrace them into our warm hearts......

How the week ended i couldn't get....I still remember last week this very same night i was speeding past the blazing lights on the Pune highway with the wind hitting straight my face. It wasn't as cold. Raghav had asked me to close the window which i didn't. I didn't even listen him. With open eyes freezing and drying in the chilled gust....I was perhaps dreaming!




No comments: